Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weary

          I am posting two poems.   The first one was written about 1964.   I was a single mother, working as a waitress, living with my mother, and could only see a bleak, empty future.   Those were days of struggle and bare bones existence.  I didn't have Jesus yet in my life.

Weary

Weary is the one
Who can't succumb
The flight of time
The rocky climb
Of life's bright sun.

Who can't keep pace
Can't endure the race

The days fly by
Leaving a lost cry
Of a bewildered face.

          The next poem was written about ten years down the road, in 1974.   It speaks for itself!

Weary No More

Weary, weary---weary no more
Jesus knocked, I opened the door
The Holy Spirit now dwells within
Praise the Lord---I'm born again

A babe, a new babe am I
But now there's no lost cry
Christ enfolded me with love's light
Weary fears have taken flight

Oh, thank You, Lord
Praise You, Lord
Lifted are my burdens of sin
Love abides---peace dwells within!

No comments:

Post a Comment