Monday, June 27, 2011

Our Individual Worth

 
A copy and paste from the Five Doves site. 
  I have always had trouble believing that Jesus love me as an individual.  I was taught at one point that God made us and then we were on our own---that salvation was only collective---that individualism is selfish and evil---that an identity could only be found in the collective mass of souls living for one another.  We  were told we must always put the group ahead of ourselves, deny our personal feelings to the extint of being a non-person.  The group is all that mattered.   Reminds me of the Borgs on Star Trek!  Its been hard for me to believe God loves me individually.  There have been times when I doubted my salvation because I knew I didn't "measure up".   I should have stuck with the song I heard over and over in my mind (and sang when no one was around) immediately after my redemption/baptism in the Holy Spirit.   The song was "Jesus Loves Me"---a kid's song for a new kid in the kingdom.  Yes, Jesus loves me---and you, too. He loves us so much that He died on the cross to save us.  He was raised from the grave and is now seated at the right hand of the Father interceeding for each one of us.  We are each one special in His sight!  cs
 
 
 
 
OUR INDIVIDUAL WORTH

By A. W. Tozer
 

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every
one that believeth. 
                      - Romans 10:4

  Our lost race has always been prone to discount and
reject the wonderful fact of the individual factor in the
love of God.  Far, far too many men and women in this
world are convinced that God's love for the world is just
one big lump - and the individual is not involved.

  We have only to look around us with serious
observation to confirm the fact that the devil has been
successful in planting his lie that no one cares for the
individual person.

  Even in nature around us, there appears to be very little
individual concern.  The burden of concern is always for
the species.

  But Jesus did not preach to the multitudes as though
they were a faceless crowd.  He preached to them as
individuals, and with a knowledge of the burdens and the
needs of each one.  Our Savior did not come into the
world to deal with statistics!

  Each of us must come with full confidence that it is a
personal word God has spoken to us in Christ, that
"whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish."
____________________________________________
Yours in Christ,
Paul N. F.
Once you put your entire trust in Jesus and OBEY HIM, you will
find that HE will treat you as if the only ones in the world are just
you and Jesus.  This is WONDERFUL
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment