Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Poo Bear---(just for fun)

     This is a silly poem about a cat I once had.  He was given to us already an adult cat.  Originally he was a throwaway found on the roadside during a rain storm---a little bedraggled kitten, pitiful, hungry and cold.  He was a special kitty who is still my favorite of all time.  I miss him still.  We were gone when he got sick and finally died.  I regret not having him with us at the time.  Since I can't re-do the past, I can only remember him with love.  



Poo to You

My name is Bear---Poo Bear
My early days are a mystery
I was born who knows where
Still, I have an unique history

I remember not, but I was told
I was abandoned---I almost died
Poor me, scruffy, hungry and cold,
forlorn---scared--okay---terrified!

Picked up by the scruff of my neck
taken to a house warm and cozy,
I thought my woes over, by heck
The food was great and all was rosy.

I grew, I played, and I thrived
I'm Siamese so they called me "Chang"
I was content and glad to be alive
I was getting quite handsome, by dang!

Then one day, in a box I was thrown
I was jostled---would it never stop? 
Why, what on earth could be wrong?
Oh woe is me, this is quite a shock!

Then, oh no, what's happening now?
A new house full of strange folk
Help!  I was cat-napped somehow!
Gotta hide fast---is this a cruel joke?

I hid under the bathtub for many days
I came out only when no one could see
These were weird folks with weird ways
But at least they set food out for me

Little by little I decided to try
to be part of this strange new family
I'm really a curious and friendly guy,
But were they good enough for me?

I allowed them to coax me out at last
I sprayed my scent most every place
I meowed in my very Siamese best
I scratched the furniture to save face.

Next, oh boy, what happened then!
I found myself inside a cage
Uh oh, oh no, here we go again! 
Its enough to throw me in a rage!

It was worse than my worst nightmare!
It was a Vet's they left me at!
He changed me forever---you know where!
I was such a miserable kitty cat!

Then, wow, I got to go back home
to be pampered and spoiled a bit
Funny, I no longer cared to roam
Yes---I was loved and I loved it!

Content, fat and cuddly I became
Affectionate and sweet---a real nice guy!
That's when they changed my name
Nowadays,  Bear---Poo Bear am I!


No comments:

Post a Comment