Thursday, July 7, 2011

He That Followeth Me


      A copy and paste from the Five Doves.   Obedience isn't always pleasant but the fear of the consequences of disobedience is enough for me.  I am  in a time of obeying the Lord that is not easy.  At times the rebellious monster almost turns me from this path but I know what the bible says about rebellion.   It is as the sin of witchcraft!   Serious and scarey stuff!   I want to hear Him say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." 
 

By A. W. Tozer

.
. .He that followeth me. . .shall have the light of life.                                                           -  -  John 8:12.

Too many people consider Jesus Christ a 'convenience'.
We make Him a lifeboat to get us to shore, a guide to
find us when we are lost. We reduce Him simply to a Big
Friend to help us when we are in trouble.

That is not Biblical Christianity!

Jesus Christ is Lord, and when a man is willing to do
His will, he is repenting and the truth flashes in. For the
first time in his life, he finds himself willing to say, "I will
do the will of the Lord, even if I die for it!"


Illumination will begin in his heart. That is repentance,
for he has been following his own will --- and now decides
to do the will of God.

Before the Word of God can mean anything inside of me,
there must be obedience to the Word. Truth will not give
itself to a rebel. Truth will not impart life to a man who
will not obey the light. If you are disobeying Jesus Christ
--- you cannot expect to be enlightened spiritually.

No man can know the  Son,  except  the  Father tell him.
No man can know the Father except the Son reveal Him.
I can know about God:  that is the body of truth.  But I
cannot know God, the soul of truth --- unless I am ready
to be obedient.

True discipleship is obeying Jesus Christ and learning
of Him and following Him and doing what He tells you
to do, keeping His commandments and carrying out
His will.

That kind of a person is a Christian --- and no other
kind is!




Yours in Christ,
Paul N. F.

No comments:

Post a Comment