Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fear Not

     "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  II Timothy l:7
     This is one of the first verses I learned when I began my walk with Jesus.   Fear can disable me every time.  Not only the big bad world and all the perils of life are frightful but little things are paralyzing, too.   Fear for those I love is a biggie.  Will they be saved?   Will they be delivered from the evil that cripples their lives?   Will they overcome the wickedness, escape deception and even avoid taking the mark?  Sometimes I am chilled by the picture of some of them taking the mark of the Antichrist and being eternally lost.  
    But, I am not  to fear.  What then?  What else but surrender them to Christ, pray the "whatever it takes" prayer and  let go!   I do that sometimes many times in a  week.  Then, suddenly, one of those I have agonized over is gone!   Its past time to pray for their souls and I always fear I didn't pray enough before it was too late.   I confess I fear for all those who don't seem to be interested in the great salvation of Jesus Christ.  I fear for their souls.   I rationalize that a little bit of fear keeps me praying!
     I don't fear for myself because I know I am a blood bought child of God.   Fears of earthly woes for myself can be brushed off like fleas off a dog's hide.  Of course they keep coming back so it pays to be diligent in taking action against them.   Fearing for other's spiritual safety is another matter altogether!  Those fears are like ticks that burrow into the hide, bulging big and fat with stolen life blood. Before long they suck out all the peace and trust in God that I ever had. 
     Father, rid me of all fear.  I give it all to You.  The only fear I want to keep is the fear of You, knowing You are a Holy God, a jealous God, and Your ways are far above our ways!  I want to be secure in the knowledge that You answer my prayers for these dear ones.  I will trust You to draw them to Jesus.   Soften their hearts toward You that they not reject You but embrace You and Your grace, mercy and love.   amen
   

No comments:

Post a Comment