Monday, October 15, 2012

Corners and Cubbyholes

     I spent a few hours this last week cleaning.  Most of my labor was in out of sight places in our house.  Under the sink,  corners and cubbyholes were screaming for a cleaning.   Now I am exhausted but satisfied that they are scrubbed and sparkling even though, if I don't tell them, no one would ever know.   I'm not even finished with all the work.  Seems that the more I do, the more I notice that needs to be done! 
     I got to thinking----the Lord might feel the same way about us and our inside places.   I know that He's done a lot of heavy duty scouring on me but He's far from finished.  Sometimes it seems as though nothing has changed, that I'm still the same mess I always was.  There are times when the old deceiver whispers in my ear, calling me trashy names and working to drag me down.  I know there are other folks who only see the wrong, count my mistakes, hold a grudge for some stupid thing I said or did in the past.  Its hard to overcome the desire for other's approval.   What can I say?  I am guilty but, thank God, I am His child bought with the blood of Jesus.   He'll keep working in me to draw me nearer to Him and to rid me of all that is not of Him. 
      Philippians l:6 says: "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." 

No comments:

Post a Comment