Friday, November 30, 2012

Jesus Loves Me

     When I began my Christian walk with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I had a lot of opposition.   It was not just from those in my family, (though that hurt the most) but from the dark forces of evil.  They'd had control of my life for so long, they weren't giving up without a fight. My mind was bombarded with filthy four letter words, really bad thoughts, and accusations galore.  Thankfully, I had a good church that taught me a solid foundation in scriptures.  My friend, Liz, and I searched the scriptures together daily.  Slowly I gained strength in my salvation. 
     During the first days, though, the thing that silenced the horrible thoughts was a child's song, "Jesus Loves Me".   I sang it while driving, while doing household chores, and whenever the oppression was overwhelming.  I wonder how many children of God that little song has blessed at one time or another in their lives?  It was appropriate for me because I was a newborn child of God and needed the reassurance of His love.  Still do!    
     A few days ago, someone sent me an e-mail with a senior's version of "Jesus Loves Me."  There was no author noted but I will pass it on anyway.   Here 'tis:

Jesus loves me, this I know
Though my hair is white as snow
Though my sight is growing dim
Still He bids me trust in Him
 
When the nights are dark and long
In my heart He puts a song
Telling me in words so dear
Haver no fear, for I am near
 
When my work on earth is done
And life's victories have been won
He will take me home above
Then I'll understand His love
 
I love Jesus, does He know?
Have I ever told Him so?
Jesus loves to hear me say
That I love him everyday
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment