Thursday, February 24, 2011

Give

GIVE

The other morning as I lay upon my bed
I heard God speak, and this is what He said,
"Go out and feed the multitude" said He
And, as usual, I answered, "Lord, do you mean me?"

Over the last few days He has said, "Yes, you,
Follow Me and I will show you what to do,
You are to be the bread in pieces broken,
You are to be every word that I have spoken,
You are to be used by Me the crowds to feed,
But first you must be the yielded seed."

"But I am such a nothing"  I said, a little sad.
"Ah, that is what you must be---just as the little lad.
I used his fishes and his barley loaves
I used them to feed the hungry droves
Because, even though he was just a little lad,
He gave Me all---he gave all he had."

Then He reminded me of the widow's mite
That was said by Jesus to be greatest in His sight
Even though it seemed so paltry and so small
Was great because it was her very all.

He said, "I want all of you without doubt or reserve
Don't look back and neither try to conserve
Give all you have and are and through that release
I, your God, will take your little and furnish the increase."

 This is not a word for me alone, I now realize
It is for His children to commit our very lives
We are called to be the broken bread,
That the multitude shall surely be fed.

     I am casting my bread upon the waters---its up to God to use it for His Glory.   May it be done in Jesus' Name.   amen

No comments:

Post a Comment