Monday, February 14, 2011

Looked

LOOKED

Looked down---so much was lost
Looked around---great the cost
Looked within---saw only sin
Looked above---found Jesus' love.


         That's it, my life in a nutshell.   I am beginning my blog page by giving credit to Jesus for anything good in me.   The stuff that doesn't come up to snuff, I have to take the credit for.

         Believe me, I have looked in a lot of dead-end places, not sure what I was even searching for sometimes.   Finally, at the age of thirty-seven, I found THE answer and I've never looked back. Has it been a bed of roses?  Absolutely-----with more thorns than I can number.  The thorns hurt a lot but, what does that poster I read at the fitness center, say?   Oh yeah, "No pain, no gain."  The thing is, Jesus binds wounds with His love.   He cleanses it with the washing of His Word (when I make the effort to read it), and He pours in the healing oil of His mercy and grace.   What could be better than that?  Just as I spent a lot of time looking, all the while Jesus was looking and waiting for me to come to Him. 
 Revelation 22:17 
 "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come.  And let him that heareth say, Come, And let him that is athirst come, and take the water of life freely."


No comments:

Post a Comment