Monday, April 25, 2011

The Eagle

The eagle was growing old
eyes dim, the world seemed grey
despite the sunshine, she was cold
she sadly longed for yesterday

"Its time!", spoke the voice on high
"Trust Me.  I will purge and redeem."
She glided to earth, too weary to fly,
Landing on a rock near a stream

Furiously, she began her painful task
plucking her feathers---every last one!
Bathed, she rested on the rock at last,
vunerable and helpless under the bright sun

Many days and nights she had to endure
She heard, "Peace be still, My daughter."
She drank of the stream, sparkling pure
Jesus is the rock, the Son and the living water

At long last came the happy day
God said, "Well done, My child,
Spread your wings and fly away
You are finished with your trial."

The eagle soars in joy and health
clothed in beauty and God's glory
Jesus Christ is her newfound wealth
Her's is slso mine and your story.

When we surrender to Jesus, the Son
He will our tired spirits make strong
We will, in Him, new creatures become
Walking a new walk and singing a new song.



    
     I wrote this in 2006 for my friend, Connie.  She had just lost her only son,  Mark, to lung cancer.  Her grief was total and overwhelming.   I was useless to help her as I saw her spiraling down into deep depression.  I wrote this, hoping to encourage her, not knowing that she, too, would be leaving this world  in a few short days..  I know that I shall see her again in heaven where we will soar as the eagles in the glorious holy light of our Father's love.   Connie, I miss you--- be seeing you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment