Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I LOVE OLD

I never thought I'd say
I'd be happy to grow grey
Nor thought I'd ever find
Such joy in my steady decline

There's contentment for me
In every sunset that I see
The fast passing of my years
Seems calming to my old fears

Every day of life now brings
Sounds of fluttering angel wings
Waiting to take me home someday
I can hardly wait to fly away

Aches, pains and eyes grown dim
Matter not because I know Him
He's my savior and best friend
I'll never be alone again

So what if I grow feeble and frail
So what if I flounder and fail
Jesus has His hand in mine
He makes my old heart shine.

more thoughts-------

When I was a little kid
full of energy---full of life
overzealous in all that I did
oblivious to evil and strife

I thought the world my private place
tomorrow seemed so far away
a philosopher with a smudged up face
I made the most of every day

When the hurts and wounds came
they sometimes left a scar
they never left me the same
but another step into far

Far away into the mists of tomorrow
I was riding on time's rail
often crossing the land of sorrow
I learned what it was to fail

But failure really isn't so bad
if you use it to learn and grow
losing the hang-ups you once had
collecting wisdom as you go

Old age isn't something to dread
if while your old body is acting up
you feed your spirit God's daily bread
and keep Jesus' new wine in your cup

I love growing old, yes I do
I'm homesick for heaven
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment