Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sandy's Poem

   This morning a dear friend passed into glory.  I've known Sandy since 1954.  We graduated from high school in 1956 and over the years managed to keep in touch.  Sandy wrote two letters to my one and was always doing thoughtful things, such as sending a magazine she thought I might like, or sometimes a book.   She was an encourager with a wonderful warm heart.     She sent many lovely poems over the years and always bragged on mine.   I am going to miss her but I have the knowing that I'll see her again one day soon. 



COMFORT


A troubled world can find
Blessed reassurance
And enduring peace of mind
For though we grow discouraged
In this world we’re living in,
There is comfort just in knowing
God has triumphed over sin
For our Savior’s Resurrection
Was God’s way of telling men
That in Christ we are eternal
And in Him we live again


Sandra Heise



Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
II Corinthians 1:3

   Sandy is more alive now than ever---in JESUS.   Praise His Name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment