Saturday, August 6, 2011

To The Shepherds and Dare You?

Ho, you shepherds  who mislead My sheep
Ignoring the bitter and feeding them only sweet
You, who lulled My bride to sleep
Their blood I'll lay at your feet

You gave them pablum with milk skimmed
You let them in greed--My purpose dimmed
You said, "I'm okay and you are, too.
God wants the very best for you."

You didn't tell them to repent
You didn't tell them of the wrath I've sent
 on My people who perverted became
Whoring with Satan and defiling My Name

You need to be the first to repent
You who are sleek, fat and content
Judgment comes first to My household
My Word is clear---you have been told!

Woe unto you---you hirelings paid well
You surely have increased the ranks in hell
I shall have My bride with her lamps filled with oil
In spite of your lazy lack of toil!

DARE YOU?

Dare you My Holy Word twist?
Dare you clench your tiny fist?
Dare you shake it in My face?
Dare you?  Dare you my anger taste?

Oh, wicked and perverse generation
You will surely see damnation
You love the world and not Me
You'd rather play than bend your knee

You play at church and think you're okay
You use My Name but go your own way
Dare you use My church to sell and buy?
Why dare you ignore Me---oh, why?

Dare you wear your filthy rags of self-pride
Into My presence, not trying to hide
Thinking I'm pleased with your rottenness
Calling vilest sin 'a small transgress'

Dare you?  Why, yes you dare
Thinking you are My bride so fair
Where is she, My perfect church, My bride?
I see only you who are dirty inside

I"ll have no church except cleansed of sin
Without spot or wrinkle, clean without and within
Dare you let Me purge you---dare you to self die?
Pick up your cross, follow Me, I will sanctify

My bride, my church, be ye purified
I am waiting to have you at My side
I am calling; can't you hear?  Can't you see?
Dare to deny yourself and come, follow Me!

CS 1990




No comments:

Post a Comment